Welcome To My Life As Mommy and Wife...

My name is Jessi and I am the proud mommy of Jay (my nine year old stepson), Jalen and Kaden (my 2 yr old twin boys) and Presley (my 8 week old daughter). I am married to the love of my life and best friend. I am currently pursuing a higher education while staying at home with my babies. I am 25 years old, and am absolutely in love with the life that I have worked so hard to create.

I have wanted to create a blog forever, its just as a mommy to four, wife, full time student and overall busy body, I never thought I would have time. This blog will be a social outlet for me, and provide a little bit of insight to others on what it is like to be a mommy of multiples, a SAHM, a student mom, and other roles that I play. I dont plan to sugar coat anything, I am a realist and hope that my followers understand that while my life can be chaotic and downright crazy I love it for exactly what it is, and usually find the humor in most things. So, on that note, live, love, laugh, cry, and learn alongside me.... But most importantly, enjoy the journey!

Friday, February 19, 2010

Sports Themed Diaper Cake and Centerpieces







Ingredients:

96 Diapers
96 Rubber bands (I used the ones that you use for your hair)
5 cans of formula (optional)
Curling Ribbon
1 1/2 inch decorative ribbon with wire
1/3 inch decorative ribbon (sports themed)
Double sided tape
Cake toppers (I used matching balls)Platter to set the cake on

Creating Your Cake

1. Take diapers and roll, tab side first. Secure roll with rubber band.
2. Create center by placing can of formula on platter and placing diapers around the can, secure with double sided tape. Be sure to use just enough so that the mom isnt pulling tape off the diapers forever!
3. Continue to add diapers until the base is the size you would like it to be.
4. Secure with ribbon using double sided tape. I used wooden balls to hide where the ribbon met around the cake
5. Add the second can of formula directly on top of the previous one. This is the center for your second tier. Add diapers and secure with tape until the width you want is achieved. Add ribbon.
6. For the top layer, take 5 diapers and create the top tier. Decorate with ribbon.
7. Add "cake toppers"
8. Repeat the process for the centerpieces, just using 2 tiers instead of three, and add curling ribbon in between the bases.


Step One


Step 2


Step 3


Step 4




Step 5


Finished Products





No comments:

Post a Comment