Welcome To My Life As Mommy and Wife...

My name is Jessi and I am the proud mommy of Jay (my nine year old stepson), Jalen and Kaden (my 2 yr old twin boys) and Presley (my 8 week old daughter). I am married to the love of my life and best friend. I am currently pursuing a higher education while staying at home with my babies. I am 25 years old, and am absolutely in love with the life that I have worked so hard to create.

I have wanted to create a blog forever, its just as a mommy to four, wife, full time student and overall busy body, I never thought I would have time. This blog will be a social outlet for me, and provide a little bit of insight to others on what it is like to be a mommy of multiples, a SAHM, a student mom, and other roles that I play. I dont plan to sugar coat anything, I am a realist and hope that my followers understand that while my life can be chaotic and downright crazy I love it for exactly what it is, and usually find the humor in most things. So, on that note, live, love, laugh, cry, and learn alongside me.... But most importantly, enjoy the journey!

Monday, March 8, 2010

Cooking with the Kiddos

While most people think I am NUTS for allowing two toddlers in the kitchen, I have come to enjoy letting my boys cook with me. When Presley arrived, the dynamics of our household changed, and I often notice the boys craving my attention. Allowing them into the kitchen is beneficial to the three of us because it gives them time with me, since Presley is never in the kitchen. It also teaches them real life skills, such as attention to detail, measurements, and the ability to follow directions. If you know me personally as a mother, you know that I feel everything from bath time to a ride in the car can be a learning experience, and I love to teach the twins new things. The things I allow them to do seem to make them feel very important, and does the trick for getting them to "take turns". If I am following a recipe, I divide all the ingredients in half so that each of them can put an ingredient in while following the recipe. They love to add things to the pot, and stirring is their favorite part (aside from licking the spoon or bowl if we are baking of course!).

I like to keep them away from the hot stove or anything that can harm them, so baking or using my crock pot is the ideal time to invite them into the kitchen. Although it takes longer, and is five times messier than it normally is, cooking with my babies is becoming a favorite part of our day.

No comments:

Post a Comment